Preparing for the Task
Face and Rim
Large, Heavy, or Multiple Machines
Alignment Tools and Supplies
Alignment Standard for New and Rebuilt Equipment
Machinery Vibration: Alignment |
|by Victor Wowk 384pp ISBN: 007071939X |
Machinery Vibration: Alignment
|The misalignment of
shafts and other components is one of the most common causes of vibration
Here, at last, is a practical handbook that
enables you to eliminate this costly problem.
Written by a pioneering engineer and author
in the field, this easy-to-follow, step-by-step resources shows you how to:
- Diagnose Misalignment - using vibration instruments, dial indicators, hand feel, and visual observations.
- Perform Precision Alignments - using dial indicators, lasers, optical and electronic measuring instruments. Graphical plotting techniques are illustrated with examples of the reverse-indicator method, face-and-rim, and many variations.
- Move Machines - from small ones to the largest ones with orchestrated positioning techniques.
- Judge Acceptability - with alignment tolerances based on speed and stresses at the joints.
- Deal with Complicating Factors - such as faulty foundations, bent shafts, soft foot, bar sag, piping strain, and thermal growth.
- Align Specific Machines - from normal two-machine one-coupling horizontal systems, to long drive shafts, large and heavy machines, multiple machine trains, vertical shafts, single-bearing generators, and reciprocating machines.
| This authoritative guide also covers bearing alignments, gear alignment, and pulley alignments. It also includes specific chapters on couplings, optical tooling, and laser systems. Plus a valuable appendix contains generic alignment specifications and drawings to make an alignment fixture. |
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Victor Wowk, a registered professional engineer, is the President of Machine Dynamics, Inc., an engineering firm specializing in machinery vibrations, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
He has extensive field experience in vibration analysis, which includes machinery diagnostics and applying corrective techniques.
Mr. Wowk is an instructor for both in-plant and public Machinery Vibration Workshops.
| Machinery Vibration: Alignment -
$62.95 each |
more Vibration Analysis products
Please note: Prices and
availability are subject to change