Improving Reliability and Maintenance
This unique book is perfect for those who are
internal consultants…and may not know it… recognize the value of their efforts
and help them learn the skills required to optimize their performance.
It explains the internal consultant’s role and
describes the various tasks in which they become engaged.
What’s more, it provides information that will
enable users to improve their performance and deliver greater value.
Also included is the Internal Consultant’s Web of
Change—a tool that will help individuals recognize their strengths and their
areas that need improvement.
This practical resource does more than start
internal consultants on the road to improvement, it accompanies them on the
Upper management looking to understand internal
consulting, middle tier reliability and maintenance management, and those who
hold “special projects” positions will find this reference extremely useful.
- Written by a professional who “been there,
done that” type of work as opposed to someone who has not lived in the
organization as an internal consultant.
- Addresses 12 elements of internal
consulting—those who are internal consultants can learn from this and improve
- Presents the internal consultant business case
so companies can justify this position.
- Features the Web of Internal Consultant
Change—a web (radar) diagram listing the 12 elements of the internal
consultant and allowing readers to take a survey which will identify their
strong areas, as well as areas for improvement.
Table of Contents
- The Journey to Internal Consulting
- What is an Internal Consultant?
- Strategic vs. Tactical Work
- The Business Case for Internal Consulting
- Soft Skills and the Organizational Culture
- Learning Organizations
- The Internal Consultant's Work Process
- The Internal Consultant's Role
- Work Teams
- Working with External Consultants
- Business Ethics for Internal Consultants
- Completion of the Work
- Readiness and Sustainability
- Improving Your Internal Consulting Skills
- The End of the Beginning
- Appendix 1: The Goal Achievement Model
- Appendix 2: RACI
- Appendix 3: The Internal Consultant's Web of